After the success of last year’s Cocktail Hour, Hava Cigar and Stogie Review are pleased to bring you the 2010 Twitter BOTL Cocktail Hour at IPCPR in New Orleans on Wednesday, August 11th starting at 9:30pm. For the second year in a row, Dos Jefes Uptown Cigar Bar (5535 Tchoupitoulas Street) will be our venue with live music and an assortment of libations for purchase.
We started the TBOTLCH because a lot of our new media friends were unable to acquire press passes for IPCPR last year and some that did get press passes, weren’t able to acquire samples. The TBOTLCH is a herf to get the social media community together and discuss new releases from the show while at the show.
Dos Jefes, can accommodate 100 people but only the first 50 people to register will be presented with a TBOTLCH Press Kit upon arriving to the event. [Sold Out in 24 Hours]
Please note, one press kit per ticket, per person and you must be present to claim your TBOTLCH Press Kit. If you are one of the first 50 people to register and do not collect your Press Kit by 10:30pm, it will be released. So even if the 50 spots are taken, still be sure to register. Like last year, your TBOTLCH Press Kit will contain newly released cigars or line extensions from participating sponsors.
New this year; since Twitter is everywhere we will have items available for our Twitter BOTL who are unable to attend IPCPR. To register for a chance at winning those items register using the Not Attending ticket option on the StogieReview.com TBOTLCH site.
Brand Manager Danielle Hawthorne (@zinoclassic) and her peers at Davidoff are sponsoring the featured cigar for the event, their new Puro d’ Oro. The Puro d’Oro has a wrapper grown by Davidoff maker Hendrik (Henke) Kelner in Yamasá, an area of the Dominican Republic north of the capital city of Santo Domingo and far from Santiago and its surrounding tobacco fields. The first 100 attendees to check in will be able to select a cigar from one of the available sizes: The Magnifico (Robusto), the Notable (Corona Gorda), the Deliciosos (Corona) or the Sublime (Short Pantella).
Eddie DeJong-Vanderburgh (@vanderburgh) of Vanderburgh Humidors is customizing one of his new Vanderburgh Outback4s for the event. All registrees will be eligible to win this ‘rugged, functional and intelligently designed’ travel humidor/pouch.
Kurt Van Keppel (@xikarkvk) from Xikar has thrown in 85 TBOTLCH 2010 cutters and three prize packages set aside for out tweeps who register, but are unable to attend. The first package includes a mother of pearl Xikar Eris lighter and Envoy 5 cigar case. The second, a Xikar Crossover lighter and Envoy 3. The third, a Xikar HC Series 5 Count travel humidor packed with HC Series cigars.
Tim Swail of Boveda is providing HumidiBags to ensure that those press kit cigars make it home in ‘ready to smoke’ condition. Additionally, Twitter BOTLs who register, but cannot attend, will be eligible to win a Boveda prize package that includes a year’s supply of Boveda Humidipaks (16) and a swanky spanish cedar holder to install in your humidor.
Press Kit Sponsors
As stated above, the featured aspect of this event is the TBOTL Press Kit, a package containing more than thirty-five cigars for the first 50 to register. We’ve worked very hard with our sponsors to secure samples of many of the new releases and line extensions being revealed at the show. While we wouldn’t dare stop you from lighting up one, or all, of these at the event, we recommend that these cigars travel home with you for you to enjoy once your palate has recovered from the legendary IPCPR onslaught. Hopefully, we will start to see reviews popping up all over the web letting our manufacturers know what you think about them.
- CAO International (@caocigars, @caocigars_strom and @caocigars_brian)
- Camacho Cigars (@dylanaustin and @camachocigars)
- Room 101 Cigars (@room101cigars)
- Oliva Family of Cigars (@olivaian, @olivajosh, @olivacory and @olivadave)
- Nub Cigar (@samlecia and @nubcigar)
- La Aurora Cigar Factory (@laauroracigars, @ch1ch0 and @joseblanco809)
- Miami Cigars & Co. (@miamicigar)
- Nestor Miranda Collection Cigars (@nestormiranda)
- Rocky Patel Premium Cigars (@pvivalo and @rockypatelcigar)
- La Flor Dominicana (@lfdcigars, @lfdmichelle and @lfdandrew)
- Gran Habano Cigars (@ghcigars)
- Viaje Cigar Company
- Reyes Family Cigars (@reyesfamilycgar and @shrtcrt)
- EPC Cigar Co. (@epcarrillo)
- Illusione Cigars (@vudu9)
- JC Newman Cigars (@jcnewmancigars)
- La Caridad Del Cobre Cigars (@lcdc_1608 and @cigarlaw)
- Cigar Rights of America (@cigarrights)
- Prometheus International
- Revolution Cigars (@revolutioncigar and @jakrell)
- Torano Family Cigars (@toranofamcigars)
- La Palina Cigars (@lapalinacigars and @billpaley)
- Avo Uvezian (@avocigars)
- Jameson Cigar Co. (@jamesoncigars)
- AJ Fernandez
- Tabacalera Perdomo (@perdomocigars)
- Augusto Reyes Cigars (@AugustoReyesCig)
- General Cigar Co. (@lagloriacigars, @cigarworldcom, @partagascigar, @generalcigar @punchcigars)
While General Cigar’s Director of Public Relations Victoria McKee has sworn us to an oath of secrecy about the company’s plans to release five new collections at IPCPR, she has generously offered to put three of them into the Press Kit. Additionally, they are providing a 3-Pack containing these cigars to every other attendee currently registered to attend the event.
Finally, Berger & Argenti and Espinosa y Ortega (@eddieor) have stepped up for the Twitter BOTLs to provide cigar prize packs for Twitter BOTLs who register, but cannot attend. Ten lucky winners will recieve 10-packs after the show with two EyO 601 La Punta, two EyO Murcielago Belicoso and five Berger and Argenti Clasico cigars. So make sure you register at StogieReview.com (tickets available below) before the event.