Today I bring you something a little different than my usual Week in Smoke. Since around this time every year I usually spend a lot of time in front of a camera, I thought I’d try my hand at video cigar review. And I picked a cigar that I’ve been meaning to review for a while now, one that’s been very much on my radar, but maybe not on yours- the Re+United by Ernesto Perez-Carrillo & Michael Giannini. The video below runs a quick 12 minutes, so you can easily watch it four times over your lunch hour (recommended). Enjoy!
Size: 6 1/2 x 54
Wrapper: 8th-priming Ecuador Havana leaf grown by Oliva Tobacco, Co. (General supplied)
Binder: Connecticut Broadleaf (EPC supplied)
Filler: Dominican Piloto Cubano (General), Nicaraguan (EPC)
Smoking Time: 2 1/4 hours
Source: Purchased by reviewer
Price: MSRP ~$10.00
ADHD Too-Long-Didn’t-Watch-OMG-Cat-Pictures Bullet Points
- Ernesto Perez-Carrillo and Michael Giannini worked together at La Gloria Cubana.
- Limited Edition, 1,500 boxes of 10.
- Cigars were rolled and distributed by EPC.
- Band has both men’s initials on it.
- Cigar is pretty rustic looking, a little lumpy/inconsistent to the touch.
- No draw problems, but burn is uneven and the ash is flaky. No relights or touch-ups.
- Plenty of flavor, evolves, at times complex: Syrup, raisins, bread, cedar, earth, peppercorns, roasted nuts, coffee and occasional floral notes.
- Noticeable power, may be a little much for early in the day, or milder cigar smokers.
- Under appreciated, still readily available.
- Likely to improve with age. Seems better already than release 2 months ago.
5 thoughts on “Re+United by Ernesto Perez-Carrillo & Michael Giannini”
Nice review Bryan. You should dp more video reviews.
You forget what a handsome bastard he really is.
Nice review Brian. We miss you on camera. Yeah…I know I’m strange!
Flattery will get you everywhere.
Thank you for the ADHD bulletpoints! That’ll definitely hold me over until I get to work, or forget completely and remember a week from now, only to get distracted by a shiny object while scrolling down looking for this post and possibly never get back on track to view it at all. Let’s hope for scenario 1.
Thanks guys. I plan on doing another one soon.