Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending the Fifth Annual Delaware Cigar Festival. The is organized by Gary Griffith, brand owner of Emilo Cigars, and Premium Cigar Manager of the Delaware Cigars chain of stores (In excess of twenty stores in the state of Delaware).
Tickets went on sale a few months ago and were $125.00 each. With your ticket you gained access into the event, received a large goodie-bag of cigars, were provided with food and drink, and had an opportunity to purchase raffle tickets for a ton of prizes.
Cigars provided with your ticket:
- 262 Paradigm Toro (6×54 box-pressed)
- Angelenos Toro (6×50)
- Brick House Churchill (7.25×50)
- CAO OSA Sol Lot 50 (5×50)
- Casa Magna Colorado Extraordinario (7×58)
- Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ Selectos (5×50)
- Emilio Grimalkin Toro (6×50)
- H. Upmann Sun Grown Magnum (6×54)
- Joya de Nicaragua Antaño 1970 Alisado (6×52 box-pressed)
- Corojo Limitada Robusto (5.5×54)
- La Flor Dominicana Ligero 300 (5.75×50)
- La Sirena Prince (5×50)
- León Jimenes Imperiales Churchill (7×50)
- Murcielago Toro Grande (6.5×54)
- Perdomo Reserve Champagne Noir Figurado (4.75×56)
- El Primero Mundo Criollo Maduro Toro (6×52)
- La Reloba Seleccion Habano Torpedo (6.125×52)
- Nub Cameroon 460 (4×60)
- Quesada Tributo Manolin (6.5×60)
- Rocky Patel Thunder by Nimish Toro (6×52)
Stogie Review Fan Forums
In the video below, you’ll hear Gary mention that this event raises money for charity. Not long before this event took place, a local police officer was killed in the line of duty. Money raised during the Delaware Cigar Festival was given to the family of the fallen officer. This money was raised by way of raffle tickets being sold for $1.00 each and cigar sales during the event (Cigars were either $3.00 or $5.00 per stick, depending on manufacturer).
This was my first year attending the Delaware Cigar Festival and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Money raised went to a good cause. The atmosphere was very pleasant at the Delaware Park Race Track and I had a chance to catch up with some friends that I don’t get to see nearly often enough.
I eagerly await next years event and hope to do it all over again. I’d like to thank Gary for extending press passes to Jerry and I (Jerry had work issues arise and couldn’t make it).
Flickr Slide Show
Looking at the photo above and asking yourself where you have seen that beautiful woman before? You aren’t crazy, you’ve seen her on Stogie Review on more than one occasion. Her name is Kelli Mackenzie and she has appeared in our Women of Cigarfest Features in 2011 and 2010. Kelli is also a model for Playboy.