2012 was another banner year for the Stogie Review crew at the IPCPR annual convention. We brought a team of four to Orlando and smashed all our own records in terms of in-depth coverage of the show and interviews with the most interesting people in the cigar industry today. As Jerry mentioned earlier, we recorded 62 high-definition videos with just under 7 hours of footage. To put that in perspective, in 2011 we shot 44 videos with 3.5 hours of footage, while 2010 saw 36 videos totaling 2.5 hours.
You simply can’t find that much content anywhere else, and we’ll try to top ourselves again next year.
Despite our record-setting coverage, it simply wasn’t possible for us to hit every booth and interview every cigar manufacturer. We made our best effort to get to everyone, so please don’t hold it against us if we didn’t land an interview with your favorite cigar maker. Since IPCPR is primarily a trade show for manufacturers and retailers to conduct business, we didn’t want to interfere with sales when a booth had a line of cigar shop owners stretching out into the aisle. Throughout the year, we try to attend as many local events as possible, so if we couldn’t connect with someone at the big show, hopefully we’ll be able catch up with them for a few minutes somewhere else down the line.
For your convenience, here’s a recap of all of our IPCPR 2012 coverage. We’ll keep this list updated with any final videos that are added, so you can use this post as a quick reference to locate candid interviews with your favorite cigar personalities.
- Abe Flores – PDR Cigars (Pinar Del Rio)
- Ernesto Perez-Carrillo – E.P. Carrillo
- David Blanco – Blanco Cigar Co.
- Steve Ysidron – Epicurean Cigars
- Michael Herklots – Nat Sherman
- Ernesto Padilla – Padilla Cigars
- Antonio Liam – Reinado Cigars
- Kurt Kendall – K.A. Kendall Cigars (7-20-4)
- Eddie Ortega – Ortega Cigars
- Jon Huber & Mike Conder – Crowned Heads
- Brad Mayo – Jameson Cigar Co.
- Sean Williams – Primer Mundo Cigars
- Eddie Tarazona – Tarazona Cigars
- Andre Farkas – Viaje Cigars
- Arielle Ditkowich – La Sirena
- Kurt Van Keppel – Xikar
- Pete Johnson – Tatuaje / Havana Cellars / L’Atelier
- Rick Rodriguez & Ed McKenna – CAO
- Johnny Soyak – Cigar in a Bottle
- Bill Paley – La Palina
- Skip Martin – RoMa Craft Tobac
- AJ Fernandez – San Lotano
- Litto Gomez – La Flor Dominicana
- Willy Herrera – Drew Estate / Herrera Esteli
- Michael Giannini – Foundry by General Cigar
- Jesus Fuego – J. Fuego Cigars
- Alec & Alan Rubin – Alec Bradley
- Clint Aaron – 262 Cigars
- Cigar Oasis
- Terence Reilly – SAG Imports / Quesada
- Jonathan Drew & Matthew Cool – Cigars for Warriors
- Jonathan Drew & Willy Herrera – Drew Estate
- Jonathan Drew & Jose Blanco – Drew Estate / Joya de Nicaragua
- Michael Giannini & Dave Pace – La Gloria Cubana
- Dion Giolito – Illusione
- Victor Vitale – Ortsac Cigars
- Jonathan Drew – Drew Estate
- Oliver Hyams – Gurkha Cigars
- Lou Rodriguez – Lou Rodriguez Cigars
- Erik Espinosa – Espinosa Cigars
- Christian Eiroa – CLE Cigar Co.
- Nestor Miranda – Miami Cigar Co.
- Jose Blanco & Dr. Alejandro Cuenca – Cuenca y Blanco / Joya de Nicaragua
- Marc Aub – Brother of the Leaf LLC (Palio, Esencia, BOTL)
- J.R. Dominguez – Iconic Leaf Cigar Co.
- Andreas Throuvalas – Curivari Cigars
- Desiree Udell – Honduras Caribbean Tobacco
- Brian Scholle – Studio Tobac
- Keith Park – Prometheus and God of Fire